dinsdag 20 november 2007

Wrestling

In day light they are more turquoise, you can enlarge them for details.



Ik heb eindelijk besloten te stoppen met dit project. Het was een groot stuk Lutrador wat ik eerst geverfd heb en toen in twee├źn heb gesneden. Ik heb het een aantal keer weggelegd omdat ik het niet af vond maar kon eigenlijk niet ontdekken waar het aan lag. Eerst heb ik er organza op gestikt en wat afvalstukken Lutrador die ik mee geverfd heb in dezelfde kleur. De Lutrador heb ik eerst geprobeerd te verhitten met het hittepistool maar ik denk dat de laag verf te dik was, er gebeurde niets, dus toen de soldeerbout maar gepakt. Hierna heb ik drie lagen op elkaar gelegd om een stevige body te krijgen.
Nogmaals gestikt, waskrijt er op aangebracht, nog niet tevreden over de kleur, opnieuw verf er over heen, waskrijt en verf gingen op elkaar inwerken, kleur veranderde NIET ten goede, nog een laag verf over overheen, kleur weer te vlak, op nieuw er over heen gestikt, mist nog wat accent, goud verf er op gespoten, aaaahhhhhhhhhhhww te fel, nog wat bruin stiksel toegevoegd om de kleur weer af te zwakken….Toen besloten om de twee stukken gewoon door midden te snijden, het zijn er nu dus vier.
Nou ja, kijk zelf maar, ik denk dat de titel van deze stukken Worsteling gaat worden…

I finally decided to stop this project. It was a large piece of Lutrador that I painted first and than cut in half. I put the piece away for a while because in my opinion it wasn’t finished but I could tell what it was. First I stitched some organza on it and some rest pieces Lutrador that I painted in the same colour. I tried my heat gun on the Lutrador but nothing happened, maybe the layers of paint where to thick, so I took the soldering iron. After that I put a batting and a background fabric underneath to create a firm body. Stitched again, added some chalk, still not satisfied about the colour, another layer of paint added, chalk en paint where fighting with each other, colour changed NOT for the best, another layer of paint, colour was too dull, more stitching, this needs some accents, sprayed some gold paint on it, aaaahhhhhhhhhhhww too bright, added some more brown stitching to soften the colour a bit…Then I decided to cut the two pieces again in half, now there where four.
Well, look for your self; I think I give them the title: Wrestling …..

6 opmerkingen:

Doreen G zei

Jacqueline I think they look great-and I wouldn't do any more to them

Waltraud zei

Das ist phantastsch geworden!

Barbara zei

much, much work and now :fantastic!!!

sharon young zei

Hi Jacqeline
These look great, it was worth the effort. I can see why you may have had a lot of trouble with it though, that colour blue is a difficult colour to work with in my experience and the gold just compliments it well now and stops it being the dominent colour. The addition of the more purple shade in the upper corner (second pic) also pushes back the blue.
The set of four look really good together.
Thanks for your good wishes re the exhibition, sorry you couldn't enlarge the board pic, works on my Mac and PC so don't know what's wrong there.

arlee zei

OOOOOOO I really love the textures and colour depths!!!

Debbi Baker zei

I think they are very interesting and I love hearing about your process. The title seems very appropriate! I like the look of them altogther.