woensdag 9 januari 2008

Take it Further

sorry about the flash


Vorige maand heb ik me opgegeven voor de challenge van Sharon B, de eerste opdracht luidt: Je laten inspireren door iemand die je bewonderd. (dit is wel heel vrij vertaald, voor de letterlijke tekst moet je haar blog even lezen) als alternatief kon je ook voor een bepaald kleurschema kiezen. Hij was best even lastig, er zijn een heleboel mensen die ik bewonder en die me inspireren. Je kunt dit natuurlijk figuurlijk maar ook letterlijk opvatten. Na een poosje dubben heb ik gekozen voor mijn favoriete schilder Anselm Kiefer. Ik vind zijn werk fantastisch, die mix tussen diverse materialen, zijn kleurgebruik, hij gebruikt ook regelmatig textiel in zijn werk. Wat ik vooral heel boeiend vond is zijn gebruik van afgedankte materialen (toch dat recyclen) en zijn lood boeken vond ik ook prachtig.
Ik wil zijn werk niet kopiëren maar ik wil wel iets in zijn stijl maken. Wat dat wordt moet ik nog even verder uitwerken.

Last month I joined the challenge from Sharon B, the first assignment was:

The key concept for January is a feeling we have all had, the feeling of admiration for another. Ask yourself who do you look up to and admire? Why? What is it you admire about them? This is a the first Take it Further challenge in 2008. Take the idea, develop it into a resolved design during that month and apply it to fiber or paper.

The alternative was to choose a colour scheme. It was not so easy, there are lots of people that I admire and that give me inspiration. You can think figurative or literal off course. After thinking about it for a while I decided to choose my favourite painter: Anselm Kiefer. I really love his work, this mix between materials, his use of colour, he also uses textile in his work. What really fascinated me is his use of old material (again recycling) and I loved his lead books. I don’t want to copy his work but to make a work in his style. I don’t know what yet, but it will come.

5 opmerkingen:

Purple Missus zei

What a fantastic book Jacqueline. I have just been on Amazon and there are a few books on this artist. Can you let me know the ISBN number of the one you have. I can't resist :)

sharon young zei

Hi Jacqueline
I can understand why you like Anselm Kiefer I can see how he would inspire you, looks very interesting i may have to pop off to amazon too LOl
I have just awarded you the 'You make my day award" pop across to my blog and you'll see why!

Corryna zei

Zo he, het is wel duidelijk zo. Jij en je inspiratiebron zijn al bijna één. Je zit blijkbaar op de goede weg, je eigen weg. Fijn hoor!

Corryna

Barbara zei

da bin ich aber mal auf das Resultat gespannt...LG Barbara

Anoniem zei

I love the work of Anselm Kiefer and I can see with your experiments with fabrics that this is the perfect person for you to look up to.