donderdag 24 mei 2007

Creative Recycling II

This is what I call recycling, I made this picture at an exhibition in Waalre. It is a pity that I don't know who the artist is anymore. He recycles this old sewing machines into real art. With gesso and paint etc. Allright that is something quiet different, but it shows my understanding of the word recycling. I love this work!!


Terug naar Val Holmes, eerlijk gezegd valt het me een beetje tegen, misschien omdat ik zelf heel andere ideeën heb bij recycling. In hoofdstuk 1 bv recycling Fibre Waste behandeld ze het werken met Angelina en het maken van vilt. Dit valt wat mij betreft niet echt onder recycling, maar misschien zie ik het verkeerd? Eigenlijk vind ik het boek pas echt interessant vanaf hoofdstuk 6, recycling wood, metal and mineral waste. Dit is meer wat ik in gedachten heb, strandvondsten, afgedankt metaal zoals blikjes etc. En wat ik echt heel mooi vind zijn de doosjes op blz. 108…. Ik heb een beetje dubbel gevoel bij het boek, ik ben er nog niet echt zeker van dat ik een goede koop heb gedaan. Ik had er iets meer van verwacht voor omdat ik het werk van Val Holmes altijd waardeer.

Back to Val Holmes, to be honest, the book is a little disappointing. Maybe that’s because I had a very different idea by the word recycling? At chapter I for example, recycling fibre waste; she talks about felting and Angelina. That’s not recycling for me, or maybe I see it wrong? Actually the book becomes interesting really interesting to me at chapter 6, recycling wood, metal and mineral waste. That’s more what I had in mind. Beach founds, like cans…. What I really like are the boxes on page 108….I have some mixed feelings about the book, I don’t know if it’s a right buy. I did expected something more, especially because I like the work of Val Holmes very much.

5 opmerkingen:

Purple Missus zei

Fabulous photographs Jacqueline. I agree with you about the book. I was disappointed too.It wasn't what I had hoped for. Maybe she should have called it something different.

Mirjam zei

Hoi Jacqueline, nice to read your blog. The sewing machine artist is Norman Faber, a Spanish artist. I loved the machines too. Best, Mirjam

Digitalgran zei

Those recycled sewing machines are beautiful.

Dianne zei

Those sewing machines have been turned into a work of art.

Anoniem zei

Hello,

Check the following website for more information about Vietnam recycling. It is designed to promote and sponsor recycling

activities in Vietnam.

Vietname Recycling

Thank you!